Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2014

So Many Books; So Little Time

Working full-time while also beginning a writing career leaves far less time for recreational reading. Between revisions on my first novel, working on the first draft of my second novel, and "building my platform" online (which is something I have always enjoyed -- posting and commenting on blogs), my summer reading pile keeps growing, and I do not have any vacation time scheduled until September.

Some of my autobuy authors have new books releases in June or July, and reading other industry blogs has encouraged me to try some new (to me) authors as well. I have also decided to re-read The Windflower this summer, now that it is back in print (my first edition is somewhere in a box in the basement, and I'm afraid to discover its condition).

While I dislike reading on a screen, I do intend to read a few Kindle books this summer as well. I downloaded Courtney Milan's free e-novella The Governess Affair, and once I finish that, I plan to purchase If Ever I Would Leave You, the new Arthurian anthology from Abigail Barnette, Bronwyn Green and Jessica Jarman (I met some of the authors at Chicago Spring Fling, I love Arthurian romances, and it's not available in print, so Kindle it is).

My paperback pile of books to-be-read includes some by new-to-me authors Isabella Bradford, Connie Brockway, Emma Holly, Madeline HunterGina MaxwellMolly O'Keefe, Lindsey Piper and Lisa Valdez, as well as Lauren Dane's urban fantasy Blade to the Keep. I just finished Vixen in Velvet by Loretta Chase and have started Lady Windermere's Lover by Miranda Neville. Other autobuy books in the pile (already delivered or shipped) include The Escape by Mary Balogh, With This Ring by Celeste Bradley and How to School Your Scoundrel by Juliana Gray. I'm looking forward to new releases later this month from Katharine Ashe, Suzanne Enoch and Sabrina Jeffries. I also want to purchase and read books by Beverly Jenkins and Rainbow Rowell in the near future (and I will be buying more by Courtney Milan).

A new round of autobuys are released in August.  I will never catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment