Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I'm Ready for My Close-Up, Mr. Trebek

Several months ago, I joked on this blog: "If only Jeopardy! had a Classic Romance Novels category (I'm still waiting for my opportunity to tell Alex Trebek about the time I crashed an actual debutante ball)."

Monday's game this week included a new category, "Harlequin Romance Novel Titles 2014". Last week, there was a clue about Nora Roberts in the "Female Authors" category.

In the past year, there have been at least a few contestants who admitted to writing romance novels. One of them won $37,400 during his three-day run.

Now I regret not mentioning being an aspiring romance author when I auditioned for Jeopardy! last year, because there seems to be some pent-up demand. Oh well, I can always try again next year. After all, Arthur Chu didn't get a call after his first audition.

No comments:

Post a Comment